What is VCDAT?
The Visual Climate Data Analysis Tools - (VCDAT)
The Visual Climate Analysis Tools (VCDAT) is the offical Graphical User Interface (GUI) for the Climate Data Analysis Tools (CDAT). Pronounced as v-c-dat, it greatly simplifies the use of CDAT and can be used with no knowledge of Python. This GUI is highly recommended for beginners.
Layout of the GUI:
- VCDAT was designed to be used from left-to-right and top-to-bottom
- Has on-line help balloons to assist the user in navigating through the interface
- Users can customize the GUI to their specifications
- VCDAT script-learning tool translates every button press and keystroke into a Python script file
- Command line instructions and logs are premitted via the GUI
- The GUI also allows non-interactive repetition of common tasks
- General utility modules for scientific computing
- Miscellaneous routines for manipulating variables
- Numerical computation on multi-dimensional arrays
- Display data in a range of graphical output
- Anotate and control the visual output
- Dynamic control of animation output